Monday

Announcing Emily Packard

I've taken a little break from the blog the last several months and I think it's about time to update. We've had a lot of changes in our family in 2012 and are finally happy to have things settle down a little. But most importantly we have added another member to the team! Emily Packard was born on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 1:47 pm. She was a healthy 8lbs 6oz and 18 in long. Our little princess weighed almost 1 whole pound more than Jace! She is a good eater and good sleeper. I don't think a mom could ask for anything more! She has been an angel!

Emily was 6 days early and I couldn't have been happier about it! I had been having contractions here and there for about 2 weeks before this princess decided to make her big debut. Early one Monday morning I woke up having contractions pretty consistently and waited for about an hour before deciding that they weren't getting any closer or any more intense and went back to bed. After that my patience was gone! I was sure she was on the way and the waiting game was killing me. My brother Drew and his awesome wife Cami came in to town that weekend for the wedding of a family friend and they wanted to meet Emily before they had to leave on Tuesday, and I was more than willing to oblige. Ha! Unfortunately Cami had to leave on Monday for work and didn't get to meet our little girl. Drew was able to stay an extra day, however, and while Ricky was at work that day Drew and Jace and I did everything we could think of to speed up Emily's arrival. We went on a walk up the huge hill by our house with one foot on the curb and one foot off (suggested by Cami), we had Indian food for dinner, I ran the stairs a few times, and on and on. I really don't know if any of that is to thank for her speedy arrival, but I woke up about 1:30 Tuesday morning having lots of contractions and we headed to the hospital about 3:30ish. It took a little longer than I anticipated given that once I got to 4cm with Jace he arrived about an hour later. Emily took her time though. I didn't start pushing till about 1:30 Tuesday afternoon, but that part was quick! She made her first appearance at 1:47 on Tuesday, August 21. I should also mention that we hadn't decided for sure on the name Emily until we saw her sweet little face. Ricky had a sister named Emily who passed away as an infant and we feel so blessed to now have our own Emily Packard.

We are all doing great and adjusting a little more every day to being a family of four. Jace loves giving Emily kisses while she's sleeping in her swing and helping her with her pacifier when she's upset. The biggest challenge so far has been figuring out how to split my time between 2 kids, but Jace has been very gracious and patient with me as I learn. We feel so blessed to have 2 such amazing babies. It's hard to imagine my world without them. 

*For more photos from Emily's newborn shoot click HERE to visit my photo blog.





2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!!!!! And what gorgeous photos Rachelle! She is such a doll! I'm happy everything went smoothly. Let's meet up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is precious and I love all your photos. Our babies were almost birthday twins :) Our little guy was just born on the 19th. I am glad you are doing well and enjoying your sweet girl, she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete